In December last year the QPrEP study kicked off. Basically it aims to reduce HIV infections by making PrEP more available, that’s an oversimplification and they are looking at a lot of other things, but if you want the ins and out you should read the participant information.
I’ve now been on PrEP for 3 months. As a reward for being a good boy and taking my pill everyday, #HotNurse offered me a free jockstrap; who am I to say no to a free jockstrap?
Reasons to consider getting on PrEP:
- It’s easy and convienent, one pill a day.
- It’s free for the next 4 years.
- At the 3 month mark you get this nifty jockstrap
- I got to see #HotNurse 3 times in 3 months (back to three monthly visits now)
- I’m neurotic and even though I’m always safe, I used to stress and worry about every test, now I have a second line of defence I don’t worry as much.
- Free pillbox.
- I have yet to meet anyone that has had side effects (this doesn’t mean they don’t happen).
- Clinic 30 has mass amounts of free condoms.
- End HIV
If you’re in Brisbane and interested in finding out about PrEP you can contact Clinic 30. Clinic 30 is a judgement free zone and provides all sorts of medical and mental health services for the LGBTI community.
*Disclaimer I am not a doctor and this should not consititute medical advice. For a full list of the possible side effects you should consult a doctor and/or read the participant information for the study.